Blog Post #79: Notebook, Part III - Customized Tabs, Part I

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Tue Oct 15 22:02:35 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 20:03:00 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 14:00:32 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>
>> thank you so much for these tutorials! I love how they are
>> progressing.
>
> Thanks, WebFreak001.
>
>> Small, simple and concise topics with good images, nice
>> drawings, and most importantly, paragraphs explaining the
>> logic along with the code.
>>
>> I am also fan of your consistent style of the website and the
>> tutorial images. Keep up the great work on these tutorials!
>> They are a great resource showing people how to easily do
>> great GUIs in D and will surely attract a lot of people.
>
> Those are some very kind words. Thank you very much.
>
>> Could you maybe do a tutorial how to use Glade with D in the
>> future?
>
> I'll put this on my todo list. How could I turn you down after
> the preamble you wrote? :)
>
>> there are 2 dub packages to generate D code from the forms
>> files. (one very new one with nice explanations and one that
>> is a year old with a bit less documentation)
>
> Do you have links for these?

thanks! :p

both the packages can simply be found on dub:
https://code.dlang.org/search?q=glade

Not sure if there are other ways like directly loading an XML in
GTK, haven't looked into it too much yet because I am not so
often building GTK GUI applications, but with the new Linux
Phones on the market (Librem 5, PinePhone) running GTK Apps
natively and really needing some Apps those will be great
platforms to start app development on.