Meta question - what about moving the D - Learn Forum to a seperate StackExchange platform?

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Fri Oct 18 10:55:59 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 10:23:28 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:35:21 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
> wrote:
>> [snip]
>
> I think this is something that's been proposed before, but most
> people are happy with just asking a question here and usually
> people are pretty good about helping out with answers when
> possible.

Yes, it works as it is, but it is not the best solution to share
know how.

And if I just think: Hey, your answer is good, in the mailinglist
/ forum / newsgroup setup it is impossible to easily vote for it
and get a count of this votes.

I think it is possible to extended the web front end of the forum
in this direction and automatically map an '+1' or '-1' comment
(in a single line) to a counter which will be displayed beside
the commented post. But this is reinventing the wheel...

I am just sad, that many very good questions and answers given in
the forum are not so easy to find as they should.