Meta question - what about moving the D - Learn Forum to a seperate StackExchange platform?

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:38:11 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:35:21 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> I very often end with a solution found on one of the
> StackExchange forums like > StackOverflow or AskUbuntu etc.

I have found that StackExchange does often have answers, but I
can't say I like asking questions on there, especially if the
question is almost-the-same-but-not-the-same as a question asked
earlier. In cases like this, I've been told that the previous
answer applies to my question, even when it doesn't.

In one instance, a moderator closed my question without reading
the details in order to find out that, no, it's not the same
question at all... and then refuse to reopen the question when I
point this out.

So, although I'll continue to use StackExchange as an historical
resource, I would rather not depend on it for getting answers to
new questions.