D for sciencetific scripting / rapid protoryping

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Tue Oct 22 11:42:58 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 08:30:36 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 10:25 AM Prokop Hapala via
> Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

>> Also where is RDMD in the equation? I really like the idea run
>> binary programs like:
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/env rdmd
>> import std.stdio;
>> void main(){
>>      writeln("Hello, world!");
>> }
>>
>> But I cannot find any documentation how to use rdmd with any
>> libraries/dependencies and dub.json ? Not even statically
>> linked, not to say dynamic.
>>

> You can't use rdmd with dub, but for simple scripts you can use
> dub directly:
>
> https://dub.pm/advanced_usage.html

Here an example, save it as example.d:

```d
#!/usr/bin/env dub

/+ dub.json:
{
     "name":"example-s3",
     "dependencies":{
         "aws-sdk:core": "1.0.0",
         "aws-sdk:s3": "1.0.0"
+/

import aws.sdk.core, aws.sdk.s3;

void main()
{
     auto client = new AwsClient();
     auto s3 = new S3Service(client);

```

On linux you could start this file using command
```./example.d```.
Or with command ```dub example.d```.

Kind regards
André