Why isn't skipOver(string, string) nothrow?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:39:17 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 15:33:05 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> Why isn't a call to
>
>     skipOver(string, string)
>
> nothrow?

without really looking, probably because of invalid utf sequences
potentially throwing. Using the .representation thingy might help
if im right about this.

A good way to try this is to edit your copy of the Phobos file
and add nothrow to it. That should give an error inside that is
more descriptive. (I would love if the compiler would do this
automatically, we were talking about maybe making that mod on irc
yesterday).