How to use classes from another d files

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 22 18:33:32 UTC 2019

On 10/22/2019 11:25 AM, Vinod K Chandran wrote:
 > On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 17:38:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
 >> On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 17:34:51 UTC, Vinod K Chandran wrote:
 >>> Hi all,
 >>> I am new to D. But some fair experience with vb.net. I was playing
 >>> with D classes.  I wrote a class in a D file.
 >>> The file name is "classFile.d"
 >>
 >> did you compile with dmd -i or list both files on the dmd command line?

That: The -i switch is the answer to your question in the other post
("what if there is too many include files").

 > Thanks for the reply. Nope. I just typed this code in VS Code and hit
 > the run button. Thats all.

But not sufficient. :) IDEs like VS Code have a way of describing what
your project involves. You need to add the two files to you "project".
(I don't know the details for your IDE.)

 > i think this cmd business will be difficult
 > for me.

Yes, IDEs make it convenient.

Ali