D for sciencetific scripting / rapid protoryping

Laeeth Isharc laeeth at kaleidic.io
Wed Oct 23 00:43:19 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 22 October 2019 at 05:58:50 UTC, Prokop Hapala wrote:
> I'm examining the possibility to move from Python+C/C++ to D or
> Python+D. I read
> (https://wiki.dlang.org/Programming_in_D_for_Python_Programmers) and
> (https://jackstouffer.com/blog/nd_slice.html), where is
> mentioned PyD, Mir-algorithm, all seems very promising. But I
> did not test it yet.
>
> [...]

See autowrap.  PyNih might eventually be a bit nicer than pyd but
it's not yet there.

We did some very early work on Julia integration and probably
will finish when time.

You can call R libraries from D too.

If you do use pyd then ppyd might make it a bit more pleasant.

Some rough edges around pyd but it's okay if you don't mind
figuring things out.