... use of ... is hidden by ...; use alias ... to introduce base class overload set ??

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Fri Oct 25 14:34:43 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-24 19:45:42 +0000, Ali ‡ehreli said:

> One practical reason is, the number of their instances cannot be known
> when the interface (or base class) is compiled.

Ali, first, thanks a lot for your answers.

If the compiler is a 1-pass one I see the problem, otherwise one could
first get a "total overview" and create the necessary vtbl entries
after everything is known. Maybe this is not "how a compiler is
implemented" but the problem sounds solvable for me.

However, your solution works too. Thanks again.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com