Gtkd and libgtksourceview

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 17:08:18 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 at 14:48:23 UTC, bioinfornatics
wrote:

> I tried the latest gtkd release and it try to open dynamically
> libgtksourceview-4.so.0 however  I have only
> libgtksourceview-3.so.1

On Windows, I had to change a line in
C:\D\dmd2\src\sourceview\gsv\c\functions.d from:

	static immutable LIBRARY_GSV = ["libgtksourceview-4.0.dll"];

to:

	static immutable LIBRARY_GSV = ["libgtksourceview-3.0-1.dll"];

Assuming the sourceview/gsv/c/functions.d exists on Linux as
well, a similar change should help.

However, you will also, very likely, have to look for a folder in
generated/ called:

"sourceview"

and copy it and its contents to:

dmd2/src/

And I have no idea where you'll find the dmd2/src/ folder on
Linux. But, assuming you can find it, this may get you up and
running.

Let me know how it goes.