Gtkd and libgtksourceview

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Wed Oct 30 22:26:41 UTC 2019

On 30-10-2019 20:17, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 at 18:00:24 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
>
>> GtkSourceview was updated to 4.x in GtkD version 3.9.0, so any older
>> version should work with GtkSourceview 3.
>
> Welcome back, Mike...

Thanks.

> The latest Windows runtime available on the GtkD downloads page installs
> libgtksourceview-3.0-1.dll, not the 4.0 version, so I suspect the Linux
> libraries may be out of step, too.

The installer could use an update, Sourceview 4 is available for windows.

>> If you need Sourceview 3 in the newer version of GtkD you could
>> replace `file: GtkSource-4.gir` with `file: GtkSource-3.0.gir` in
>> `src/APILookupSourceView.txt` and then run `make generate` (requires
>> girtod) and you should have a up to date binding for Sourceview 3.
>
> Just for the record, this doesn't work on Windows. I made the change in
> APILookupSourceView.txt and re-ran Build.d, but
> sourceview/gsv/c/functions.d still shows:
>
> version (Windows)
>      static immutable LIBRARY_GSV = ["libgtksourceview-4-0.dll"];
> else version (OSX)
>      static immutable LIBRARY_GSV = ["libgtksourceview-4.0.dylib"];
> else
>      static immutable LIBRARY_GSV = ["libgtksourceview-4.so.0"];

For windows there isn't an easy command to regenerate the source, but
running this command should work (Its been a while since i tried it on
windows):

---
girtod -i src --use-runtime-linker --use-bind-dir
---

--
Mike Wey