Gtkd and libgtksourceview

Mike Wey mike-wey at example.com
Thu Oct 31 11:47:41 UTC 2019

On 31-10-2019 12:16, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 at 22:26:41 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:
>
>> ---
>> girtod -i src --use-runtime-linker --use-bind-dir
>> ---
>
> Hmmm... I'll need more information, I'm afraid. I Googled, but I'm not
> finding any instructions for building these DLLs.

girtod can be found here: https://github.com/gtkd-developers/gir-to-d

It's a tool that generates a D Binding from GObject Introspection files,
if you use the GTK installer from the gtkd website or msys2 the needed
introspection (.gir) files should be installed on your system.

Running the command above in the root of the GtkD project, will
regenerate the source based on the gir files found on your system.

The last two options passed to girtod are for backwards compatibility
with older version of GtkD, and aren't needed for new bindings.

And technically you could also run: "girtod -i GSource-3.0.gir" and it
will create a "out" directory with a GtkSourceview binding that should
be fairly complete.

--
Mike Wey