Questions regarding a port (bindbc-cimgui)

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:22:22 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 15 September 2019 at 08:17:20 UTC, sytnax wrote:
> So, the question is: should I share this somehow (despite the
> limitations listed below)?

Considering the circumstances you mentioned, I'd say either don't
publish it or simply make it a public GitHub repository with
these limitations stated in the readme. Considering there are
already a derelict binding [1] and a port [2] for imgui out
there, putting much work into making your code useful for others
might not be worth it.

If you want to publish it on Dub (the D package manager,
https://code.dlang.org), I'd encourage you to polish it up and
test it so it's up to par with other bindbc packages and useful
for others. However, it's not like Dub currently has a high
standard (you can find lots of low-effort packages in there) and
ultimately it's up to you to decide how / whether you share your
code.

> Would it be ok to share it (regarding licenses)?

Assuming you used this: https://github.com/0dyl/d-cimgui
It says "license": "MIT"
Which allows you to modify and redistribute as long as you keep
the MIT license text in there.
The author of that repository didn't put an MIT license text in
there, but considering it's a simple header translation I doubt
you can get sued over it.
(usual IANAL applies)

[1] http://code.dlang.org/packages/derelict-imgui
[2] http://code.dlang.org/packages/dimgui