combining libraries into 1 or 1 for each system?

Shadowblitz16 DomainName at Email.com
Thu Sep 19 18:28:25 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 05:16:33 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 03:44:28 UTC, Shadowblitz16
> wrote:
>> let's say I have a project the relies on multiple packages..
>> is it possible to combine these libraries into a single one
>> (or 1 per os) for final shipment of a program?
>
> I assume you're referring to dub packages, in which case any
> dependencies you have will usually be configured to compile as
> static libraries. That means they'll be compiled into the
> executable without any extra effort on your part.
>
> If they're configured as dynamic libraries, you'll need to ship
> the dynamic library with your executable or manually edit the
> configurations to compile as static libraries.
>
> If they're bindings to C libraries, you'll need to ship the C
> dynamic libraries unless you statically link them.
>
> If none of this answers your question, please clarify what you
> mean by "multiple packages".

I mean I don't want to have multiple dependency dll's but instead
just my own dll with the dependencies packed inside.

of course dll is only for windows so I would like this done for
mac and linux too