docs.json is incomplete

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 15:14:21 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 11 April 2020 at 14:49:17 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
> Yes, http://kameloso.dpldocs.info/kameloso.plugins.seen.html.
> onBusMessage is private like the other functions, but it shows
> up. (Additionally the public imports are private.)

Oh, I see, my colon attribute code is bad, it doesn't realize it
descended into a function so still thinks the public applies to
those imports.

Then it got dropped when the version was attached to the other
function.

I just spent two hours fixing other bugs in this so I think I'll
come back to it later tonight or something, but yeah definitely
bugs on my end there, so I'll take care of it.

> Yeah, I like yours more, I just imagined it used docs.json too.

I sometimes wish I did, keeping up with parser changes can eat
some time (my last few hours were spent fixing the new contract
syntax and enum member UDA related bugs), and then you know my
own crappy bugs. I started with a fork of libdparse which is good
but not perfect (and omg it builds slowly but meh) and now I've
been doing it myself for years so lots of divergence.

The json simply didn't have the information I needed though. Even
dmd frontend parser as a lib (which wasn't a thing when I
started) doesn't actually do everything I need here, it discards
ddoc comments on ... IIRC anonymous enum groupings and version
statements, so even if the version weirdness works it still isn't
quite right.

DIY gives me a lot more flexibility but also a bunch of bugs
keeping up with all the syntax changes in the language.