GtkD crash: 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'

mark mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Apr 27 12:03:18 UTC 2020

I'm getting a crash when I add 1000s of rows to a tree (up to
100s seems to work ok).

The source code is here:
https://github.com/mark-summerfield/debfind
Note that this will only build and run on a Debian or
Debian-derived system (e.g., Ubuntu).

I am pretty well reaching the point of giving up with GtkD -- and
therefore with GUI programming in D since there isn't really a
decent reliable D GUI library that I can find. (I don't want to
use Qt or QML because of the licensing issues.)

(DebFind:3285): Gdk-ERROR **: 12:59:59.299: The program 'DebFind'
received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
   (Details: serial 25818 error_code 11 request_code 130 (MIT-SHM)
minor_code 5)
   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported
asynchronously;
    To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE
environment
    variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
Program exited with code -5