vibe.d and my first web service

Mr. Backup mrbackup at email.cz
Thu Aug 13 09:54:06 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 13:46:06 UTC, James Blachly wrote:

> Unfortunately the problem still occurs with Vibe.d 0.9.0
>
> IMO **this is the single most important problem to fix** for
> vibe.d -- if the most basic of examples (indeed, supplied by
> dub itself) fails so spectacularly, the casual new user will
> not spend the time to find out why this is happening, but
> instead move on. The ctrl-C non-termination bug has existed
> since at least 2015 from what I can tell from the forums.

As a casual new novice, I really like dlang as such, and I think
it should be the most widespread and popular language in the
world. And as soon as I came across it, I wanted to use it in my
project. But it has many packages for the same things, but these
packages are unfinished. Everyone creates their own. You start
comparing them and don't know what to choose for your job and
then you find out that you should have chosen another and then
find out that you should have written it yourself. And then I
finally done it in golang in a while. I think the dlang community
should focus on creating a quality standard library.

We live in the 21st century where there are web technologies
everywhere around us, so I think that the http package should be
part of a standard library.