vibe.d and my first web service

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:52:07 UTC 2020

On 8/13/20 3:28 AM, WebFreak001 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 21:11:54 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Unfortunately, I think vibe-d is dead. With every release it is worse
>> than before and it seems there is almost no activity. So D really need
>> new champion here maybe hunt will be next champion.
>
> Can you give an example how vibe.d gets worse? It's really stable right
> now and while I would enjoy the feature PRs to go in more quickly, I
> think they are pretty well reviewed when they get reviewed and
> eventually once merged it's only good code that makes it in.
>
> The environment just updated and made previous versions more unstable,
> most of which is inherited into current versions too, but these things
> are getting fixed. Like for example a lot of linux distros changed to
> OpenSSL 1.1 which broke HTTPS client calls in vibe.d and was fixed in
> 0.8.6 or MongoDB 3.4+ changed a lot of things like indexes which were
> then broken which was fixed in 0.9.0 now though.

I haven't had a really big problem with vibe.d, except for the ctrl-c
bug (which I've worked around as described).

I agree with the OP of this subthread that it is the most important
problem for vibe.d (and vibed-core really).

I wish I knew how to fix it...

My experience with getting features into vibe.d has been good, I've
added a few and Sonke has been very receptive, even if his responses are
delayed (he must be really busy). I've been there too.

-Steve