vibe.d and my first web service

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu Aug 13 07:28:19 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 21:11:54 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> [...]
>
> Unfortunately, I think vibe-d is dead. With every release it is
> worse than before and it seems there is almost no activity. So
> D really need new champion here maybe hunt will be next
> champion.

Can you give an example how vibe.d gets worse? It's really stable
right now and while I would enjoy the feature PRs to go in more
quickly, I think they are pretty well reviewed when they get
reviewed and eventually once merged it's only good code that
makes it in.

The environment just updated and made previous versions more
unstable, most of which is inherited into current versions too,
but these things are getting fixed. Like for example a lot of
linux distros changed to OpenSSL 1.1 which broke HTTPS client
calls in vibe.d and was fixed in 0.8.6 or MongoDB 3.4+ changed a
lot of things like indexes which were then broken which was fixed
in 0.9.0 now though.