what's this Error: corrupt MS Coff object module

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:44:16 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 25 August 2020 at 01:35:00 UTC, mw wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25 August 2020 at 01:13:11 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 25 August 2020 at 01:08:49 UTC, mw wrote:
>>> Is it safe to just delete all the:
>>
>> yup. I have to do this every other week on my work box to keep
>> its hard drive from filling up lol
>
> I just completely deleted that `packages` dir, and the
> <proj_dir>/.dub dir and also the app.sln file; then I start
> from scratch:
>
> dub.exe generate visuald
>
> But I got the exact same build error: corrupt MS Coff object.
>
> I think it's showhow caused by the build process itself, maybe
> just inside the unit-threaded-1.0.4 package, any suggestions
> where to check further?

I just tried, using -m32:

  /mnt/c/project/dlang/dmd-2.093.1/windows/bin/sc.ini
[Environment]
DFLAGS="-I%@P%\..\..\src\phobos"
"-I%@P%\..\..\src\druntime\import" "-d" "-m32"

at least that error is gone, and I was able to build:

.dub/lib/unit-threaded_property.lib

So, looks like this unit-threaded_property.lib cannot be build
with -m64, but I just wonder why?