Master Thesis using D Programming language.

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:52:17 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 19:56:49 UTC, Tariq Siddiqui wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking for a master thesis topic using D Programming
> language. Earlier I choose Design by Introspection, but I did
> not find enough material in academic journals. DbI total
> material which I found is DConf Andrei talk and the similar
> talk at Google campus, which starts with 50 Deutsche Mark story
> and ends with explaining PbD, DbI and other Dlang internals. No
> doubt that Andrei's discussion was great. DbI as a topic is
> excellent, but as per my university requirements, I was not
> able to find five articles in the last five years in any
> academic journal, to start the initial discussion about the
> research topic.
Academic don't know innovation. Only history :)

> I am still opened with my topic, next week, I have to submit my
> draft proposal. Till now, I did not meet my dissertation
> advisor.

Metaprogramming as suggested sounds interesting upon second
thought. On Wikipedia, only D and C++ seems to have sufficient
implementation among mainstream languages. With D's being
exceptionally capable.

So you might want to do something around that...and how it
impacts software development.

> I am looking for something practical and less theoretical. I
> have found some thesis done using Rust, you guys as a language
> expert can these below projects be achievable using D
> Programming language.

Yep. Its does. Metaprogramming really has a very significant
benefit in practice. And disign by introspection is one way it
can be used.