bindbc OpenGL ES

Danny Arends Danny.Arends at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:56:45 UTC 2020

On Monday, 31 August 2020 at 15:16:40 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş wrote:
> On Monday, 31 August 2020 at 14:04:19 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
>> Don't know exactly where to post this, so I hope the bindbc
>> team will see the post here in learn.
>>
>> I was wondering if it would be possible to have bindbc OpenGL
>> ES bindings ?
>>
>> I'm working on porting my 3D Engine to Android, and well
>> Android doesn't support anything else but OpenGL ES... I saw
>> that derelict has OpenGL ES bindings, but would rather not
>> migrate back to using derelict (since it took me a couple of
>> hours to migrating everything to bindbc)
>>
>> Thanks for all your solid bindings and hard work!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Danny
>
> I have never tried, but this repo may help. I know that it
> supports d.
>
> https://github.com/Dav1dde/glad
>
> You can create your modules online too.
> https://glad.dav1d.de/

Thanks, it seems to generate most of the bindings, even though
the D branch of the repo is 5 years stale.

It doesn't provide an example on how to load them (only c and
c++), and since the (generated) loader isn't implemented, but
just an alias to some unknown function:

alias Loader = void* delegate(const(char)*);

I really love to have the bindings in bindbc, due to their nogc
and nothrow attributes.

It might be a useful addition to make D more compatible with the
android eco-system

Danny