Getting started with graphqld

Trustee sean at kinexis.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 01:10:19 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 16 December 2020 at 08:33:09 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 16:25:29 UTC, Trustee wrote:
>> Is there anyone willing to help me get started with GraphQLD.
>>
>> I have some experience with graphql in node.
>>
>> My D is intermediate at best but i can learn fast with
>> guidance.
>>
>> I am able to build and deploy vibe-d apps locally and on
>> heroku.
>>
>> Basically, I'm looking for someone to stand-in in lieu of the
>> documentation (currently WIP) to help me connect a basic
>> vibe-d app to a graphql backend.
>>
>> I am willing to contribute to documentation (and produce
>> premium quality video tutorials) once i am proficient using
>> the package.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> I had wanted to do a written tutorial with it but since it
> isn't well documented, I've postpone it until I figure it out.
> It'll take a while to learn the API from code...and I kind of
> moved onto something else. (and I've raised this issue with D
> packages in a post I wrote)
>

> It's quite unfortunately that folks spend months developing
> something but then don't invest few hrs to make it easy for
> others to use and contribute back.
>
> I'm pretty sure they use it at Symmetry Investments though.

Hmmm... Maybe the universe is trying to tell us something...

Looks like one or both of us are meant to figure it out.

According to what you've said, you're still in a state of
postponement, while I, on the other hand have just returned from
my SECOND postponement. :(

I even considered falling back to Node and Prisma but I just
can't bring myself to do it. Not now that I know D. It's just not
something I could stomach. I have tried.

Guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up. Brush up on the
intricacies of D, and dig into the codebase. It would seem to be
the path of least resistance. I'll come out the other side a
better person for it, no doubt.

With the number of key D packages that happen to be attributed to
Symmetry Investments/Kaleidic Associates, I wouldn't want to
trouble them with this directly at this juncture. Especially as I
haven't even given it a proper go yet.

 From the outside looking in, they have gone above and beyond
already. If they say it's a WIP, I'm good with that. It's all a
generous contribution. And they seem to have a strong track
record of making those.

I, on the other hand, can use this as an opportunity to make my
first.

Seems like a little less of a trudge now I guess