C++ or D?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 14:41:28 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 30 December 2020 at 14:17:38 UTC, Rekel wrote:
> On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 16:13:50 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>> https://ibb.co/syQRs9v
>
> I hope I'm not the only one that thinks 'designers and std lib
> writers unable to name anything correctly' is kind of ironic.
> And don't get me started on documentation return values.

Most of the statements are wrong too...

"Forgot null terminator": that is C, not C++.

"undecidable grammer": wrong, not context free != undecidable

"can't execute arbitrary functions at compile time": same as D,
more or less

"4732 features, but not a single one you actually want": wrong
again, C++20 has features that people would like to see in D

"unsatisfying standard library": not really, unless you need to
avoid exceptions

"template metaprogramming only capable of being understood by
mensa member": some aspects of C++20 metaprogramming is easier
than D

"multiple-inheritance hell": no idea what this means, MI is
usually used for the same as D interfaces

"iterators": and ranges...

Anyway, bashing C++ does not get D anywhere. At best it makes D
users look uninformed.