C++ or D?

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 18:24:41 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 30 December 2020 at 14:41:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> Most of the statements are wrong too...
> "4732 features, but not a single one you actually want": wrong
> again, C++20 has features that people would like to see in D

Could you elaborate a bit more, please? I'm interested.

> "unsatisfying standard library": not really, unless you need to
> avoid exceptions
>
> "template metaprogramming only capable of being understood by
> mensa member": some aspects of C++20 metaprogramming is easier
> than D

That would me interest, too!

> "multiple-inheritance hell": no idea what this means, MI is
> usually used for the same as D interfaces

Just to say, I think not including multiple inheritance was a
mistake for Java and all its descendants, though not a big one.

Multiple inheritance needs just a good convention, that's all.