books for learning D

mark mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Jan 13 11:20:31 UTC 2020

On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 11:13:32 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
wrote:
> On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 11:08:45 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 13 January 2020 at 10:28:48 UTC, mark wrote:
>>> I'm just starting out learning D.
>>>
>>> Andrei Alexandrescu's "The D Programming Language" is 10
>>> years old, so is it still worth getting? (I don't know how
>>> much D has changed in 10 years.)
>>
>> Depending on your background:
>>
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/First_Language
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/Coming_From
>
> Even if you are not new to programming this book would be a
> good start:
> http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

Thanks for the links.

I should have said that I find it a *lot* easier learning from a
print book than online which is why I asked about the
Alexandrescu book.

Has D changed enough in 10 years to outdate that book? I know
most other languages have but I'm completely new to D.