books for learning D

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 12:23:19 UTC 2020

On 1/13/20 2:28 AM, mark wrote:
> I'm just starting out learning D.
>
> Andrei Alexandrescu's "The D Programming Language" is 10 years old, so
> is it still worth getting? (I don't know how much D has changed in 10
> years.)

Yes, Andrei's book is dated but it offers a great perspective on D and
programming languages in general.

Unfortunately, my book is lagging behind as well. For example, I still
have to replace post-blit with copy constructors.

I recommend Mike's book as well and Adam's book is a great complement to
all the tutorials. Kai's book is great too but it is on vibe.d and I
don't know how much vibe.d has changed since the book was written.

Ali