BetterC Bug? Intended Behavior? Asking Here As Unsure

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:20:44 UTC 2020

On Monday, 6 July 2020 at 20:06:51 UTC, Kayomn wrote:
> Something discovered in the D Language Code Club Discord server
> with the help of Wild is that the following code:
>
> struct Test { ~this() {} }
> void tester(Test test, Test[] tests...) { }
>
> extern(C) void main() {
>     tester(Test(), Test());
> }
>
> Raises the "TypeInfo cannot be used with ~betterC" error. It
> seems to be due to an inclusion of both the destructor and the
> non-vararg and vararg argument matching from testing.
>
> Anyone know a way around this without resulting to the rather
> hacky solution of just having 1 argument and always assuming
> that at least 1 argument is present?
>
> Here is a code demo setup for demonstrating the potential
> problem:
> https://run.dlang.io/is/A6oIpl

This seems to compile:

struct Test { ~this() {} }
void tester(size_t n)(Test[n] tests...)
if (n > 0)
{}

extern(C) void main() {
     tester(Test(), Test());
}

No assumptions, though `tester` does become a template.

I'd say the original error should be reported on bugzilla, if it
isn't already; if only for the error message which is
ridiculously obscure.