BetterC Bug? Intended Behavior? Asking Here As Unsure

Kayomn kayomn at kayomn.net
Mon Jul 6 20:25:11 UTC 2020

On Monday, 6 July 2020 at 20:20:44 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
> I'd say the original error should be reported on bugzilla, if
> it isn't already; if only for the error message which is
> ridiculously obscure.

Yeah, you're tellin' me lol. I spent the better part of the day
tracking this one down, and the error file and line numbers
display it as having occured at the callsite rather than the
actual problem areas.

Though, admittedly I'm kind of used to seeing this error message
since it appears any time you try and do something that relies on
type info in betterC, intentionally or not. A notable example is
forgetting to supply an arrange length when declaring a stack
array, or it'll try to create a runtime-allocated array.

I'll open a report for this shortly if it is a bug if there isn't
one already. For now, that template is an adequate workaround.