Vibe.d and NodeJs with Express

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Sun Jul 12 10:44:13 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 12 July 2020 at 10:01:54 UTC, greatsam4sure wrote:
> I am thinking of building an App with Vibe. D or NodeJS but my
> topmost priority is speed and ease of development due to third
> party libraries integration.

How much speed do you need? I doubt you really need every last
millisecond, at which point ease of development takes over.
Instead it might be better to look at which third party libraries
you need. D has got most you need but you might end up needing
something which isn't there. If you are ready to code that
yourself then go for D for sure.

> My question is can I eat my cake and have it if I go with Dlang
> and Vibe. D. I have being able to use jQuery and bootstrap with
> vibe. D and it work well.

If the app stays small that can work but you can also look at
something a bit more modern. Angular, react, vue or svelte, there
are plenty to pick from.

> My believe is that most JavaScript library will work with Vibe.
> D out of the box.

Of course. You just end up writing an rest or graphql backend in
D and connect it to a frontend.