Good way to send/receive UDP packets?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 16:00:09 UTC 2020

I have a project where I need to take and send UDP packets over
the Internet. Only raw UDP - my application uses packets
directly, with their starting `[0x5a, packet.length.to!ubyte]`
included. And only communication with a single address, no need
to communicate with multiple clients concurrently.

I understand that I could do it either with the Curl library
bundled with Phobos, or use Vibe.D or Hunt instead. But it's the
first time I'm dealing with low-level networking like this, and
my knowledge about it is lacking. So seek opinions about what
library I should use, and more importantly, why.

Other advice about projects like this is also welcome, should
anyone wish to share it.