Best way to learn 2d games with D?

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:02:11 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 15 March 2020 at 18:45:14 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 3/15/20 2:14 PM, bauss wrote:
>>[...]
>
> [snip]
>
>> [...]
>
> Thanks, I'm pretty much starting from zero as I have very
> little experience in what is necessary to actually do the
> drawing parts, or how to store/manipulate sprites etc. I've got
> a lot of experience in GUI design, but getting the rendering to
> work, making sure it's fast enough, etc. seems like something
> I'd rather leave to someone else (i.e. library/framework/etc).
>
> I was looking at the lispysnake stuff, and realizing I have no
> idea what any of the blogs are talking about. The D gaming
> libraries seem to come from the perspective of "Oh, you know
> how to write games, here's how you do it in D". I kind of need
> a "here's how you write 2d games" which uses D as a way to show
> it.
>
> I think I'll probably just use a straight tutorial with another
> language and then move on to D. But thank you for the offer, I
> might take you up on it later.
>
> -Steve

I refer this ugly site a lot for basics of SDL. Since one could
easily convert c code to d, transition is very fast.

My favorite 2d game engine is cocos2dx but it has no support for
d. I consider Godot-d offers a similar experience. However, it
has almost zero documentation.