Best way to learn 2d games with D?

SashaGreat s at g.com
Mon Mar 16 11:58:54 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 15 March 2020 at 17:58:58 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I want to try and learn how to write 2d games. I'd prefer to do
> it with D.
>
> I've found a ton of tutorials on learning 2d gaming with other
> languages. Is there a place to look that uses D for learning?
> Should I just start with another language and then migrate to D
> later? Anyone recommend any specific tutorial/book?
>
> -Steve

The problem of developing with D are the Libs.

Someone recommended Derelict but like Mike said:

> Please don't recommend Derelict to anyone :-) bindbc-sdl is
> what folks should be using now. I'm not maintaining Derelict
> anymore.

I was using Derelict because back in the day it was recommended
here until to find out it was not supported anymore.

As I am game developer hobbyist, who likes to explore and
recreate games and implement engines algorithm myself to mimic
games like: Mario, F-Zero (Mode-7), Wolf3D (Raycasting), Doom and
so on, I would recommend you to look over SDL (OpenGL is a plus),
and the rest is just Math.

Sasha.