Best way to learn 2d games with D?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:54:33 UTC 2020

> I want to try and learn how to write 2d games. I'd prefer to do it with D.
>
> I've found a ton of tutorials on learning 2d gaming with other
> languages. Is there a place to look that uses D for learning? Should I
> just start with another language and then migrate to D later? Anyone
> recommend any specific tutorial/book?

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

I'm probably going to start with SDL2 and try and get to the point where
I understand and can use the lispysnake stuff. I can probably follow any
C++/SDL2 tutorials and just do it in D instead.

Just getting the understanding of the lingo and the standard game design
is really what I need to start with.

-Steve