Blog post about multidimensional arrays in D

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:10:00 UTC 2020

On Friday, 27 March 2020 at 10:57:10 UTC, p.shkadzko wrote:
> I decided to write a small blog post about multidimensional
> arrays in D on what I learnt so far. It should serve as a brief
> introduction to Mir slices and how to do basic manipulations
> with them. It started with a small file with snippets for
> personal use but then kind of escalated into an idea of a blog
> post.
>
> However, given the limited about of time I spent in Mir docs
> and their conciseness, it would be great if anyone had a second
> look and tell me what is wrong or missing because I have a
> feeling a lot of things might. It would be a great opportunity
> for me to learn and also improve it or rewrite some parts.
>
> All is here:
> https://github.com/tastyminerals/tasty-blog/blob/master/_posts/2020-03-22-multidimensional_arrays_in_d.md

Thanks for doing this.

A small typo on this line
a.byDim1;

I think there would be a lot of value in doing another blogpost
to cover some more advanced topics. For instance, mir supports
three different SliceKinds and the documentation explaining the
difference has never been very clear. I don't really feel like
I've ever had a clear understanding of the low-level differences
between them. The pack/ipack/unpack functions are also pretty
hard to understand from the documentation.