Is there a way to benchmark/profile portably?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:21:07 UTC 2020

Is there some way to measure the performance of a function so
that the results will be same in different computers (all x86,
but otherwise different processors)? I'm thinking of making a
test suite that could find performance regressions automatically.

I figured out Bochs[1] could be used for that, but it seems an
overkill for me to install a whole virtual operating system just
to benchmark functions. Does anybody know more lightweight way?

[1] http://bochs.sourceforge.net/