GUI library for DMD 2.090 or DMD 2.091

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon May 11 14:07:46 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-04-27 at 12:12 +0000, Antonio Corbi via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> On Monday, 27 April 2020 at 11:27:57 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> > On Sunday, 26 April 2020 at 09:09:04 UTC, Antonio Corbi wrote:
[…]
> > > I don't know if you are referring to the `clone!` macro
> > > described here[1]
> > >
> > > [1] https://gtk-rs.org/blog/2019/12/15/new-release.html
> > >
> > > Antonio
> >
> > Hi, this macro is new to me, it did not exist when I tried to
> > have a go at Gtk-rs, so it simplifies not having to write such
> > boilerplate ourselves, but like the author mentions it doesn't
> > make it go away, it just gets hidden behind the macro.
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, previously this macro lived (in a simplified form, i.e. no
> @strong) in the examples provided by the gtk-rs developers. Now
> it's part of the gtk-rs bindings.

I have not found any real need to use that clone! macro. I have found it
straightforward, and easy, to clone the variables required so they can be
moved. It also seems self-documenting, making the cloning obvious.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200