question on dub and postgresql

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Mon Oct 5 09:15:59 UTC 2020

On 10/5/20 12:05 PM, Alaindevos wrote:
> On Monday, 5 October 2020 at 08:54:39 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 10:25 AM Alaindevos via Digitalmars-d-learn <
>> digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can I say python has pip, ruby has bundle and D has dub.
>>> Meaning they perform the same function ?
>>> Or am I wrong?
>>>

>> Yes and no. Dub is Dlang dependency solution but it is not installer
>> as pip is
>>

>>> As I use unix the parameters for include and library are a real
>>> pain.
>>> I have totally no idea how to connect to a postgresql database.
>>> Where and how do I start to connect to a postgresql database ?
>>> I write a .d program to connect.
>>> But then I need to include the database-connection-library.d file.
>>> Where do I place it ?
>>> And link a database-connection. object file.
>>> How is it installed ? There is a only a git i can clone ?
>>> Do I need to create and edit a specific dub json config file ?
>>> It is very unclear how to start.
>>>

>> Yes if you want to use any of dub packages you need to add it as a
>> dependency to your dub.json (dub.sdl)
>
> A name dependency solution is at least vage.
> How do I install ,
> https://github.com/denizzzka/dpq2
> on unix so in the code i write the .d files of that library and after
> compilation linked to the libary shared objects. For that shared object
> must be installed. How ?

Take a look at https://code.dlang.org/packages/dpq2
This is how packages work in D
To add dpq2 dependency to your project you need to execute the command:
```
dub add dpq2
```
it adds the last version of the dpq2 package. After this you are able to
use this package in your project just import it in your source files.