vibe.d / experience / feedback

ddcovery antoniocabreraperez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:07:56 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 1 October 2020 at 06:32:23 UTC, Robert M. Münch
wrote:
> Hi, we are currently using vibe.d for a prototype and I want to
> post some experiences. I know one shouldn't only address the
> problems but provide some solutions.
>
> However, our current use-case is that we want to get a job
> done, and not creating a web-framework.
> So, overall... compared to other web-frameworks we know, there
> are many pitfalls which just cost a lot of time... We think
> it's a good base, but there needs to be much less magic, much
> better docs, much less complexity.

Hi Robert,

I found myself in a similar situation recently, and I can't help
but ask you: What technology do you use regularly? What
drives/draws you to try dlang/vibe.d? Do you have other
alternatives to dlang/vibe.d for your project?
In my case we usually work in Node+js/ts (previously Scala+Play)
and I wanted to jump to something really performant for a new
project without losing code expressiveness and development speed.
Dlang seemed a good alternative (I like it much more than Go or
Rust).