Suitability of D for a Crossplatform Graphical App

graw grawmail at protonmail.com
Sun Apr 25 20:10:17 UTC 2021

I've been working through the ideas of a project I'd like to work
on and I've reached the point where I'm having trouble choosing a
toolset. I'd like to make a graphically simple, mostly menu
driven 2d simulation type game, but I'd like it to at least be
compatible with android.

I've used D plenty to build graphical apps compatible with PC
platforms, but I've never really done much mobile development.
I'd really rather not use java, just because i don't really like
it. D's my favourite programming language by far and it's been a
while since I've made anything large in D.

The other choices i was going through, apart from java and D, are
solar2d(lua based) and Godot.

A few years ago I know there was some efforts to get D building
for android with LDC and dlangui building for android.

I'm just wondering about the current state of D, current
libraries and android builds. Is what i want to make feasible in
D or would I be better off picking something else?