Help with Win32: PostQuitMessage(0) doesn't post WM_QUIT apparently, because the message loop is not exited.

Ruby The Roobster michaeleverestc79 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 22:29:22 UTC 2021

On Friday, 13 August 2021 at 21:10:38 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 8/13/21 3:59 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On Friday, 13 August 2021 at 16:18:06 UTC, Ruby The Roobster
>> wrote:
>
> Well, subtracting the length doesn't do much, you aren't
> actually accessing the array block, you are just changing the
> reference (which lives in thread-local storage). I kind of feel
> like the whole entity table thing is not correct anyway. Did
> you (Mike) also comment out the `did` call? Because that looks
> more suspicious to me. What it is doing is going through all
> the entities from the removed one on and setting their id to 1
> less. HOWEVER, it's not actually *moving* the entities down in
> the array.
>
> However, you will NEVER have an entity be destroyed, because
> there is always a reference to it in the table! They will only
> get destroyed at the end, via `terminate` where things are
> destroyed deterministically.

> -Steve

Okay. I removed the destructors and the 'did' function. Instead
of those, I created a destruct(Entity op) function that works
without causing an error.  The entitytable array is for the
purpose of it being easier to search by id, because the index
used to access the array is the same as the id. It's also(IMO)
easier on my end to have every Entity object in a single array.