Help with Win32: PostQuitMessage(0) doesn't post WM_QUIT apparently, because the message loop is not exited.

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 02:11:47 UTC 2021

On Friday, 13 August 2021 at 21:10:38 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Well, subtracting the length doesn't do much, you aren't
> actually accessing the array block, you are just changing the
> reference (which lives in thread-local storage). I kind of feel
> like the whole entity table thing is not correct anyway. Did
> you (Mike) also comment out the `did` call? Because that looks
> more suspicious to me. What it is doing is going through all
> the entities from the removed one on and setting their id to 1
> less. HOWEVER, it's not actually *moving* the entities down in
> the array.

I suspected the `did` function first, but the issue persisted
when I commented out the call in the destructor. I didn't know
what to think when I found that commenting out the `.length`
deprecation eliminated it.

> I suspect there is a memory access violation or some other
> issue that's causing it to crash rather than exit normally.

It's not crashing. It's hanging.