vibe.d: is it possible to use bare HTML with the functionalty of DIET templates ?

someone someone at somewhere.com
Tue Aug 31 00:09:14 UTC 2021

Regarding vibe.d I think I'll give it a try (maybe placing it
behind nginx at first) since I do really got a good
first-impression ... kudos to the developers/maintainers :)

I like the idea of having D at my disposal within a web page,
actually, it is a terrific feature to say the least.

What I do not like (even a bit) are the pseudo-HTML DIET
templates. I can understand they can make life easy for some, but
I am not the guy having any trouble writing well-good-structured
HTML/XHTML/XML/etc to begin with, nor I am the kind of guy
grunting because I will be forced to write closing tags and the
like.

That being said, my specific question is:

Can I use vibe.d *without* DIET templates manually writing say,
XHTML 1.1 pages, *while having D* at my disposal with the -
prefixes I have seen so far ?

I mean, I am almost sure I can write D functions returning text
and making my web page on-the-fly, but this is not what I have in
mind, I would like to have an actual text file for a web page
with the aforementioned - prefixes to actually hook D code
leveraging the pre-compiled feature of DIET templates.