How to properly use variadic templates (functions)?

russhy russhy_s at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:50:57 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 21 December 2021 at 18:51:38 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 December 2021 at 15:42:59 UTC, russhy wrote:
>> Please keep us updated, that'll be interesting to see how a
>> pure D printf would look like!
>
> It already exists, it's called std.format.write.formattedWrite,
> in terms of which things like std.stdio.writef are implemented.

I took a look and to be honest, it's the same story as everything
in the STD, they try to do everything at the same time, so they
up end calling each other, you end up lost in multiple 8k LOC
modules, not understanding what the function is doing anymore,
it's a rotten place

Plus they are not nogc

OP's attempt is clean, you know what's up, you can read the code,
free of dependencies (for now), and hopefully nogc

i want to encourage more code like that