How to properly use variadic templates (functions)?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Wed Dec 22 08:17:03 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 21 December 2021 at 22:50:57 UTC, russhy wrote:

> I took a look and to be honest, it's the same story as
> everything in the STD, they try to do everything at the same
> time, so they up end calling each other, you end up lost in
> multiple 8k LOC modules, not understanding what the function is
> doing anymore, it's a rotten place

Finally someone said it!!! No offense to the Phobos developers
but the library is a huge mess in runtime/compile performance and
its API is not always clean and consistent making the library
annoying to use some times. Hell, even libc is not very good as
it is very bare bones and believe it or not, we could achieve
better performance for most staff from libc. We need a new system
library that won't depend on anything ASAP! No garbage collector,
no exceptions, no complicated struct types etc. Just a simple,
clean, consistent, really fast and easy to use library!

> Plus they are not nogc

Yeah, Seriously D's developers and user really underestimate the
fact that the biggest percent of people not using D are doing so
because of the Garbage Collector. D's community makes it like
it's not much of a big deal but it actually is.

> OP's attempt is clean, you know what's up, you can read the
> code, free of dependencies (for now), and hopefully nogc
>

> i want to encourage more code like that

Thanks! Code readability and a clean and easy to use API is the
plan for the library. I want people to enjoy using the library
while they will have the best possible runtime and compile
performance at the same time. I am a novice even to the easier
high level programming and so I will not a lot of help. But this
will not stop me and hopefully we can make something great
together!