DUB is not working correctly

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:27:49 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 24 February 2021 at 16:13:48 UTC, Maxim wrote:
> Hello, I have problems with working in dub environment. If I
> try to init my project with 'dub init', all needed files will
> be created successfully. However, when I run 'dub run', the
> manager gives me an error:
>
> 'Configuration 'application' of package application contains no
> source files. Please add {"targetType": "none"} to its package
> description to avoid building it.
> Package with target type "none" must have dependencies to
> build.'
>
> If I set targetType in dub.json to "none", the only message:
>  'Package with target type "none" must have dependencies to
> build.'
>
> will remain. When I set targetName to "app" or any other name,
> the problem will appear again with the same message above. I
> flicked through many forums and videos how to correctly install
> dub, and nothing helped.
>
> I am using dub 1.23.0 built on Sep 25 2020 on Windows 10 x64.
> Will be very thankful for your help!

Doesn't seem like an installation problem.

Could you post your dub.json contents and describe what you are
trying to achieve?

Do you have your source files in 'src' or 'source' folder next to
the dub.json file? If not, you need to tell dub to treat any
other non conventional folder as source location.