C++ or D?

RSY rsy_881 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 15:01:15 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 19:57:53 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 19:27:23 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 31 December 2020 at 16:03:54 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>> What would you like to see?
>>
>> For shared to mean something.
>> Stackless coroutines.
>> Compile-time lifetime management, i.e. better ways to define
>> ownership.
>
> I second that. At least some way to know whether a pointer
> takes ownership (GC/RC) or just is an auxiliary reference.

i agree with this, C++ has GC, smart pointer and even some
facilities for ownership via various move semantic

that is an area where D could improve, but that would be catch up
with C++..

one big move would be to finally put the allocators out of
std.experimental, and finally embrace this everywhere (just like
ziglang)