C++ or D?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 15:12:43 UTC 2021

On Friday, 1 January 2021 at 15:01:15 UTC, RSY wrote:
> one big move would be to finally put the allocators out of
> std.experimental, and finally embrace this everywhere (just
> like ziglang)

I am bit torn on this, the less the compiler knows about
allocation strategies, the less opportunity there are for the
compiler to be smart about allocations. So, those things ought to
be language constructs, not library constructs.

At least if D is going to stay in the lane of high level
programming. (Zig is firmly staking ground in the manual-labour
department, as far as I can tell.)