DConf talk : Exceptions will disappear in the future?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:04:09 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 5 January 2021 at 22:01:08 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Also, I think this is better determined using whole program
> optimization, the chosen integer bit pattern used for
> propagating errors has performance implications. The most
> freguently thrown/tested value should be the one tested most on
> performance critical paths.

I messed that sentence up in editing :/...

The most frequently thrown/tested values on performance critical
paths should be represented with a bitpattern that is most easily
tested. (you can test for more than one value using a single
bitand, etc).