Using a betterC dub package in ordinary D

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:15:44 UTC 2021

On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 20:19:59 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 18:28:36 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 8 January 2021 at 15:40:12 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I use earcutd [1] in an ordinary D project, I get a link
>>> error for the __D7earcutd12__ModuleInfoZ symbol.
> [...]
>
>> Dear Bastiaan,
>>
>> I am not an expert in dub system, but I have just pushed a
>> modification in dub.json. I am not sure if it solves your
>> problem. My modification is
>>
>>     "configurations": [
>>         {
>>             "name": "default",
>>             "targetType": "library"
>>         },
>>         {
>>             "name": "betterC",
>>             "targetType": "library",
>>             "dflags": ["-betterC"]
>>         }
>>     ]
>>
>> now client projects must explicitly pass the subConfiguration
>> parameter to compile it with betterC.
>
> Much appreciated Ferhat! This works like a charm. I am kind of
> surprised that it does, as I expected dvector to need the same
> treatment. Excellent support by the way, thanks!
>
> Off topick, the original js implementation is documented to not
> generate results that are guaranteed to be correct. I could not
> find information on what the conditions are that cause
> deviations, and how large these then can be. Do you have an
> idea about this or experience with accuracy of the algorithm? I
> am looking into whether earcutd can replace GLU tesselation. We
> use the result for engineering purposes (not only
> visualisation) and correctness is important to us.
>
> Thanks!
> Bastiaan.

Sorry, I don't have any information regarding the correctness of
the algorithm. I just ported it doing cpp to d translations. My
only usage of it for my hobby game[1]. However, it would be nice
if you have another usage area to test it. I am using it with a
similar purpose of glu Tessa lation in the game (I guess it is
so, I am a beginner with opengl)

1: https://github.com/aferust/drawee