isCallable fails

frame frame86 at live.com
Fri Jan 22 03:08:23 UTC 2021

On Friday, 22 January 2021 at 02:43:44 UTC, tsbockman wrote:

> No, we're just used to helping each other get to the bottom of
> things like this. No one asked you for anything different from
> what we generally expect of each other in this context. This
> specific expectation mostly exists because, often, without a
> self-contained example we *truly don't know how to help you*.

Please stop. I am very thankful for every hint, links to docs,
tools etc. But if somebody writes "wasting his time" than it's
personally (at least for me). I know it wasn't intend, somebody
can have a bad day too but thats not helpful.

It's like asking your mechanican if he can guess what's causing
the weird sound in the car and he replies with: why didn't you
disassemble your car already?

But discusing about such missteps isn't helpful either and I hate
it to discover such a post while searching in the web for a
simple hint myself, so I will close this mentally. May someone
filter out the necessary information about without wasting time.